Church Insurance Information
A church is more than a building. It’s a community.
Your church is a place where individuals seeking spiritual guidance join together to form a familial bond. It is your ministry’s duty to maintain a safe and welcoming facility. Should disaster strike, a church insurance policy can protect the community physically and emotionally in times of need.
At Mission One, we want to make sure that your church is being properly covered. According to the latest study, 70% of all churches are under-insured. Is your ministry?
What types of church insurance coverages are available?
Similar to other insurance policies, there are a variety of options to choose from in regards to church insurance. Most plans include property and liability coverage.
Property coverage protects buildings, signage, fences and contents from damage and theft. Some of the non-standard items that are covered include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Stained glass windows
- Equipment failure, including electronics
- Fire and security alarm upgrades
- Personal property loss worldwide, e.g., items lost on a mission trip
- Lost business income and incurred expenses
Liability coverage protects the ministry against claims of property damage or bodily injury that occur on church property or at a church-sponsored event. Enhanced liability coverage includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Personal injury liability
- Specialized emotional injury liability
- Sexual misconduct liability
- Directors, officers and trustees liability
- Employee practices liability
- Non-owned and hired auto liability
It may be beneficial to add commercial auto insurance, workers compensation, and umbrella liability to your policy for added protection.
In addition to your property and liability coverage, you can add a variety of optional coverages so your policy is customized to your church’s unique needs. These can include the following:
- Lost wage coverage
- Key person replacement coverage
- Computer fraud coverage
- Flood coverage
- Crime coverage including forgery, alteration, and theft.
Remember, the true cost of insurance is the claim that is not covered or not properly covered. Contact us today to have one of our agents assess your ministry's risk and evaluate your current policy.